So today is the first day of #TBRTakedown! TBRTakedown runs from midnight Monday 1st June until midnight Sunday 7th June and I would encourage anyone and everyone to take part!
I really enjoyed taking part in the readathons I did last month and amazingly I read 14 books so I think it really helps me! This readathon has five challenges, and I'm going to try and complete most of them, but I have gave myself a few options for each because I like having a choice when I go to pick up a book! Also, I'm not really that bothered about getting rid of my TBR pile I just LOVE readathons!
1. A book that's been on your TBR shelf over a year!
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Book One (graphic novel)
- Love Letters of Great Men
- The Presidents Hat
2. An unread sequel sitting on your TBR shelf.
Unfortunately I won't be able to complete this challenge because I have no unread sequels on my shelf, even on my kindle! If I love a series I generally read all the published books in one go so I never really have unread sequels on my TBR shelf!
3. A first book in a series on your TBR shelf.
- A Court of Thorn & Roses
- Red Rising
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
- The Raven Boys (e-book) (currently 99p on Amazon which is why I picked it up in this format)
4. An "out of your comfort zone" book on le TBR shelf!
5. A book from your most recent book haul!
- Saga Volume 1 (comic book trade paperback)
Not much to be said about this one, it just needs read by me immediately! Here's hoping the hype doesn't kill it for me!
I'm currently finishing listening to Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock on audiobook so I may not start the readathon until tomorrow, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
You can watch the original video about #TBRtakedown from the lovely Shannon from Leaning Lights below! (Ps, you should totally subscribe to her, she's awesome!)
Are you taking part? Leave your links below! (also, if you see a book up there you think I should start with, let me know!)